Sunday 20 November 2016

Avast Antivirus problems on a Sunday morning

When I turned on the PC this morning, I found I had ZERO Avast antivirus protection, despite renewing in July this year.


When looking at the Avast screen, I was informed that my "free trial" was over and that I would need to cough up the cash to activate the software again.
 
I went to the Avast website and tried to download my active license again, only to find that the file is corrupted. When visiting the forum, I saw that Avast is "aware of the problems" and are working on it.

I did contact support to tell them of my problem and am awaiting their response, but in the meantime I need to work, so have uninstalled Avast and downloaded the free AVG antivirus software to protect me in the meanwhile.

If you are experiencing the same problem, I recommend you do likewise, as you are currently in danger of infection, but send Avast support a message to let them know of your problem.

I do wonder if their website has been attacked by hackers - it seems like a good way to get your malware out to the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment